I love nothing better than a classic champagne cocktail. It’s just such a simple, classy drink you can have on any occasion. It’s festive, it’s a way to kick off a weekend, accompany a yummy brunch or toast a celebration! You can see all my cocktail recipes here, for all seasons and occasions.
You of course don’t have to use champagne in a champagne cocktail. To make it a more affordable option, use prosecco, affordable champagne, cava or any other dry sparkler. I for one, do not have a vintage champagne just lying around my home. Prosecco or cava is generally my go to in the sparkling beverage aisle.
You literally just need champagne (or other sparkly choice), a sugar cube and bitters. That’s it! 3 ingredients plus lemon peel for garnish. I wasn’t lying when I said a simple drink to make.
Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 sugar cube
- 3-5 dashes angostura bitters
- 4oz. champagne
- Long spiral of lemon peel
- Put sugar cube in bottom of champagne flute. Add the bitters.
- Add a splash of the champagne and stir gentle to combine.
- Pour in the 4oz. of champagne and then garnish it with the lemon peel.