Well just over a week ago, Curtis and I got hitched! It was such a fun week of events, sunshine, pools, LA, did I say sunshine? In Vancouver, it’s currently again, for the millionth time, raining! I think we’ve had a total of 10 days of sun since January. JANUARY! I sometimes wake up and wonder what I’m still doing here…
I took a little break from the blog the last couple of weeks. With the wedding and just needing time to space out and enjoy it all, the blog and my social media had a timeout. And boy was it amazing! Sometimes you just need to step back and take a break for your mental health. Am I right? I still browsed Instagram, but didn’t feel guilty about not posting as much (except I can’t quit you Instagram Stories!).
Baos from Heritage Asian Eatery. Can you spot Piper?
But I’m back and I have so many fun posts coming up! My fav makeup lately, skin care, recipes, travel guides and more! Plus a few wedding recaps and some wedding planning tips. I figured out some along my way.
Ok the wedding, I’ll just summarize it as AMAZING! It was literally a dream come true. All outside, danced literally under the stars and everything was beautiful. 🙂 And as Curtis kept reminding me yesterday, we’ve been husband and wife for a week!
Fun Tourism Victoria event yesterday downtown! Who doesn’t love flowers?
So anyways, I have been hoarding a few fun Friday Roundup links the last couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy them!
Friday Roundup Links
1. Quintuplets were one Canada’s biggest tourist attractions once upon a time (Messy Nessy Chic)
2. History behind Vancouver’s stamped sidewalks (Scout Magazine)
3. The history behind Styrofoam (Atlas Obscura)
4. A lipstick life hack (Life Hacker)
5. Food in still life (The Loop)
6. The California super bloom is so large, you can see it from space (Washington Post)
7. New Wes Anderson movie! Coming 2018 (Dazed Digital)
8. What chef’s notice at restaurants (Thrillist)
9. The faces behind Craigslist platonic personal ads (NYT)
10. Hilarious! Well done IKEA! (Apartment Therapy)
11. The United States of Work. I feel this is a global thing. (New Republic)
12. Learning to be a stewardess in the 60s (Messy Nessy Chic)
On the Blog
1. A delicious avocado margarita to enjoy on Cinco de Mayo or just all summer!