Can you believe it that it will be November next week??! I certainly can’t! Each time I write my weekly Friday Roundup, it just reminds me how much closer we are to the holiday season. Especially after Stranger Things was released last night (weekend plans set!), when we’ve been waiting for it for months.. Geez, where did 2017 go?
Anyways before I get you all depressed, next week is Halloween! I literally have no plans like most years. My office has a costume contest and that’s about it. We will most likely make something indulgent to eat at home and watch a movie. Which is fine and dandy to us. But do any of you have exciting plans? Costume ideas?
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen we were away for a night at Rowena’s Inn. I will share more of that night away soon. It was cozy, felt like fall in the valley and was extremely relaxing with no city noise outside our window.
I also worked on my nightstand for the DIY challenge for this weekend’s Vancouver Fall Home Show. It’s up for bidding and all proceeds go towards Habitat for Humanity. I’m quite proud of my project! They gave us an IKEA nightstand, a variety of Rustoleum paint and $50 for any embellishments etc.
Bioderma hosted an event on Wednesday at the Teahouse in Stanley Park. It was a lovely event and the ladies behind the brand were so nice! Had fun getting my makeup done, a skin analysis from a machine and practicing my flatlays.
This weekend will be visiting the Home Show, taking a drive to see fall leaves when it’s not raining and an excuse for a drive, editing my videos and filming a video and finishing a few odd projects at home. Yay! I’m going to feel so great getting those done!
What are your plans this weekend? Anyone have Halloween festivities?
Friday Roundup for October 27
1. Ladurée and American lifestyle (Eater)
2. Japanese furniture made for cats (RocketNews)
3. The Lego house in Denmark (Nordic Design)
4. A Victorian era murder unsolved + house for sale (Messy Nessy Chic)
5. The worst seats on airplanes (Lifehacker)
6. JFK assassination records have been released
7. A DIY macramé bag tutorial (A Pair and A Spare)
8. An office plant photo series (QZ)
9. This ninja thief is 74 (The Asahi Shimbun)
10. The family behind Oxycontin (Esquire)
11. The butter shortage in France (Food52)
12. Zucchini lasagna rollups (Spoon Fork Bacon)