Holy S**T it’s September 1! Where did August go? I blinked and it was over. But it also means we are just over a month away from our trip to NYC!! I’m so excited, I literally have a list of places we need to eat at, shops to pop into, coffee shops to hunker down in and do some serious people watching haha. If you have any recommendations, share them in the comments below!
Being September 1, Curtis and I have agreed to start working out together. Not everyday, but we plan on starting off our month right by getting our sweat on today after work. We do eat mostly healthy during the week, I make lunches for work and we eat salads and protein for dinner (except when I go to events or we don’t go to the grocery store for 5 days!). But want to get stronger and lose weight for the fall and overall just move more. I sit too much at work and then I sit working on the blog at home, so not really helping my waistline.
This week was a doozy at work, we had a fun cooking class as a team at PICA. Then Wednesday was an event we were hosting for 300 students! And my colleague Molly (hi Molly!) is leaving us to go back to London so drinks on patios were had and cake and donuts (a sliver for me!) and laughs 🙂
It’s a long weekend too! We have no plans except a family dinner and honestly just enjoying the sunshine and summer weather before it’s all gone. And maybe finish up a couple of home projects like hanging art and pictures on the living room walls (not loving the bare look) and finish painting the front hallway. Follow me on Instagram to see my stories this weekend of us and Piper living up the last days of summer 🙂
What are your plans this weekend? Don’t forget to share your NYC tips in the comments xo
Friday Roundup Links
1. A different Scotland travel guide (Messy Nessy Chic)
2. An ode to creating a killer website instead of focusing on social media (for you my blogging friends) (Natalie Catalina)
3. I want to go to Cambodia now (minus the bugs) (Lisa Homsy)
4. Hmmm can we makeover our bedroom next? (My Domaine)
5. Craving this Poblano Corn Chicken Tortilla Soup (Half Baked Harvest)
6. Also I want this bathroom, what a fantastic reno! (Apartment Therapy)
7. This Causa Rellena recipe looks so yummy (Food52)
8. A few pretty hairstyles to try out (Paper n Stitch)
On the Blog this Week
1. Trying Out Philosophy Hair and Body Products